Our Barristers have a vast array of experience within the various areas of the commercial legal service and corporate legal arena. We have decades of experience and offer professional commercial law legal advice.
The following list are areas we have experience in but is by no means exhaustive so please contact us to to discuss your case matter whereby we can advise further.
Commercial law disputes deal primarily with contract and/or tort laws. It involves issues that arise in the course of running a business at any stage of the commercial cycle.
Such disputes are brought before courts for legal restitution when other methods of resolution, such as arbitration or mediation, have failed to provide a solution acceptable to all interested parties.
- County Court Claims & Defence
- Warrants of Execution
- Charging Order Applications & Defence
- Construction Disputes
- Banking & Finance Disputes
Employment law covers all matters related to the workplace; whether you work in a small firm or you are a cog in a big corporate wheel. Beginning with hiring, it moves through a complete cycle which can end in cessation of employment, voluntary or forced.
- Wrongful Dismissal - Claims and Defence
- Employment Tribunals and Appeals
- Redundancy Claims and Defence
Company Start up
Setting up a business is an exciting time but without the right legal advice it can also be a legal minefield. Prevention is better than cure. A specialised business barrister can help you identify future legal problems and advise you on what steps to take to prevent problems before they happen, which will protect your business from risk and save you money.
In business you need to plan for all possibilities. What if you fall out with a partner or fellow shareholder? Can you be forced out? How can you use a mediator to resolve disputes? How do you make sure that responsibilities and profits are divided fairly? What will happen to your business if you become ill or die? Will your assets be protected? Your solicitor can cover all these questions with you and advise how to protect your interests now and in the future.
- Company Formation
- Advice to Company Directors
- Company Compliance
- Articles of Association
- Constitutional Documents
- Directors Service Contracts
- Employment Contracts
- Brand Protection, Copyright and Trade Mark
- Commercial property leasing and disputes
- Contractual Disputes.
- Company Sales
- Company Purchases
- Management buy-out or buy in (MBO/MBI)
- Corporate Restructuring
- Partnership and shareholder agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements- Drafting and Disputes
- HMRC Tax and VAT Disputes
Both commercial and personal Insolvency is a core practice area of the Barristers and Legal Practitioners of Cambria Chambers.
We advise and act for Directors, Shareholders, Debtors or Bankrupts as well as Accountants, Liquidators, Trustees in Bankruptcy or Supervisors of Individual or Company Voluntary Arrangements.
- Statutory Demands - Issuing applications
- Company Dissolutions
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidations
- Provisional Liquidations
- Members Voluntary Liquidations
- Compulsory Winding up and Liquidations
- Personal Bankruptcy
- Property Asset advice and protection
- Misfeasance and breach of duty
- Fraudulent and Wrongful trading
- Directors Disqualification